Saturday, March 5, 2016

Finished!!!.....The stitching is all done, the canvas cut apart and mounted in the shadowbox.  The design I took all the inspiration and designs from is Earth from the Elements series.  The Elements series is designed by Kathy Rees of Needle Delights for Tomorrow's Heirlooms counted canvas club.

Here are all the design elements I stitched. 

 
Here I have remove the canvas from the stretcher bar and cut the canvas apart.
 
 
I have cut mat board for each design element and getting ready for the hot glue.  Ok the hot glue is absolutely no fun and my fingers are raw from that experience. 


 
Once all the design elements were mounted on mat board I arranged them and adhered them in place. 
 

This photo shows the pieces mounted and adhered and I was trying to show the different depths of the pieces.  Not sure I really captured it successfully.

 
 
This photo has the background attached to the shadowbox, the glare from the glass is a real problem when trying to get a decent photo. 

 
 
 
The end result it really about what I wanted it is just difficult to show in a photo all the different heights of the individual pieces.
 
 
What's next?  How about Tangerine Twist from my favorite designer Kathy Rees.  I went to my local needlepoint shop, Needle Nook of La Jolla, and pulled all the threads for the design.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment