Saturday, March 19, 2016

Houston we have a problem....................Unfortunately I made my classic mistake of being 1 thread off.  If I ever make a mistake it is being 1 thread off.  I found that Section 3 was 1 thread off after being half way through Section 4.  So I fudged Section 4 to makeup the problem and I don't think anyone would notice.  I was not going to confess my miscounting however it happened again on Section 5, the red stripe is 1 thread off so it makes the pale yellow background not come out right.  I had already stitched Sections 6 and 7 before doing 5.  In order to be satisfied with this project I have to rip out all of Sections 5, 4 and 3.  So I have not wrapped my head around doing this so I am putting this project aside and moving on to a new project.  When my frame of mind is better and I have embraced ripping so much out I will continue on.

The next project is Color Delights - Mint by Kathy Rees of Needle Delights Originals.  I have stitched 13 or 14 Color Delights so far as well as several Double Delights.  What I like about the Color Delights is the finished design is 4" X 4", has interesting colors, is quick to stitch and Kathy chooses interesting threads that I would not select myself.  Kathy has opened my eyes and mind to using different threads and seeing the different textures and how light plays off the stitches.  Did I mention that Kathy is a genius when it comes to creating interesting designs and keeping the stitcher engaged.

 
Mint uses 1 Caron Watercolours, 1 Caron Waterlillies, 1 Threadworx overdyed Silk, 2 cotton flosses and 1 Rainbow Gallery Splendor.  As I wrote this I just realized this is the first Color Delight that I am going to stitch that does not have a metallic or sparkle element to it.  My phone just does not capture some colors very well.  The threads appear washed out but they really aren't and the colors are very nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment