Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Not much progress today on the shadowbox stitching so I thought I would share something else with you.  We have friends in Omaha that we were planning to meet in Northern California for vacation a couple of years ago.  I decided to create a special needlepoint piece for Andy and Diane.  Unfortunately, the vacation got cancelled so I mailed the framed design to them.  The next time we were in Omaha they had my piece proudly displayed, sideways.  I turned it right side up and left it that way.

I had a stash of Caron Impressions on hand so I wanted to use those and I thought of an abstract landscape.  I took stretched canvas and with a pencil draw the sections as I thought they should be and then stitched them.  Each section is a different Impressions color and each are border by black wool.  Here is how it came out.



 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment