Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The canvas is rotated again.......I have finished Section 1 on the third side and just finished Section 2.  My progress has been slow the past couple of days as we are in the middle of a front yard re-landscape. 

In October 2007 we re-landscaped our front yard, new driveway, sidewalks, raised planter beds, concrete mow strip, sprinkler system, tropical plants and thick beautiful sod.  After a couple of months our yard never looked more beautiful.  Fast forward to 2015 and the fourth year of drought and our approved water usage was cut again.  Our sod could not survive on the reduced water so we made the difficult decision to stop watering it and let it die. 

The sod died however weeds sprouted up and made a patchy lawn.  We thought maybe this winter we would have enough water to keep the front lawn intact but that didn't happen so we had the lawn removed and will replace it with crushed stone.  Because of the time to deal with the contractor I have not been able to stitch as much as I would have liked so I don't really have anything to show at this time.

Hopefully tomorrow I can show my progress on the third side.  Oh on another note my Mystery Class kit arrived today.  Beautiful Vineyard silks, Watercolours and a whole variety of Rainbow Gallery threads.  I will post more about the Mystery Class when it begins and will show all the great threads.

No comments:

Post a Comment