Saturday, March 26, 2016

The new project is...........Two Cottages designed by Nancy Buhl of From Nancy's Needle.  Nancy has a whole series to Two's, meaning two of something, barns, houses etc.  I've looked at the series for the past 3 years but had not purchased one of the designs until now.




Nancy sells the design or all the pieces to make a kit.  The Two's can be purchased with the threads needed to stitch the design or whole skeins.  I found Two Cottages on EBAY as a kit with just the threads needed to stitch the design.  It is amazing how little thread it takes to actually stitch this design. The threads all came labeled and in individual bags.

 
The design is 4" X 8" when finished so it should stitch up quickly.  I have not done a design like this, usually they are geometric or quilt designs.  This should be fun.  The very first counted needlepoint design I stitched was one of Nancy's designs, Summer Sunburst. I bought the design on EBAY and then made my first trip to Needle Nook of La Jolla to purchase the threads needed for the design.  I had previously been to small needlework shops so I had no idea what a treat I was in store for.  I went into the thread gallery and it is floor to ceiling threads of all types and kinds.  I was recently in the shop and spent $275.00 on threads for three designs, a kid in a candy store for sure.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment