Friday, February 19, 2016

Now on to a new project.  About 2 years or so ago I stitched Lone Star, designed by Laura J. Perin.  The original color way was very plain and I did not intend to use the specified colors.  I have a stash of Caron Waterscolours on hand at all times and tons of Perle Cotton so I selected my colors.



What I came up with was a very bright palette of yellow, orange and hot pink.  When finished I had the design custom framed with an orange frame and yellow mat.  I loved the end result.  The framed piece was then mailed to my sister in Texas who's comment when she opened it was "It sure is bright".  Not exactly what I was hoping for so lesson learned is know who you are stitching for and select colors they like.



 
I decided to stitch Lone Star again using a new color palette and this is what I have initially pulled from my stash. As you can see there are 2 different Caron Watercolours and 5 Perle Cottons.



 Let's see if all these are used or if any new colors appear.


No comments:

Post a Comment