Monday, February 15, 2016

I have a friend that I meet about 41 or 42 years ago and she has been admiring my needle work. I said you never know when something might appear in the mailbox so I need to create something for her.

I thought about a heart as I have Victorian Red 18 count canvas and several different threads from my stash to quickly stitch up a design.  As you see I have an 8" square of Victorian Red stretched and selected several threads to work with.



 
I've worked on the design for about 3 hours or so and you can see if has none of the original threads I selected.  I started with Watercolours #248 for the hearts and am using WaterLillies #190 to fill in next to the hearts.  I was going to only have 1 heart but the design I worked out was too large for the frame I have so on to Plan B, multiple smaller hearts.


Ok so what now, I have no idea.  I'm designing this as I go and you will see the mess on my stitching table, not sure which other threads I will use but looks like the red design is now pinks, peach and lavender.  Not sure how that happened but I'll just go with it and see what the finished design looks like.



No comments:

Post a Comment