Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Mint with a Twist is finished...........................It's a stitching miracle, I finished the design in two days.  It helps that I had already stitched this design once so I was familiar with it and I didn't choose any cotton floss or stranded silk so no laying of threads.

Hopefully you can see how I rotated the orange square 180 degrees to create a different design.  The last row of the design is a series of small squares and even with two sections rotated you can follow the small squares all around the design.

 
I really like the contrast of the orange colors I choose. The camera washes out how vibrant the oranges really are.

 
In hindsight I wish I had chosen a Perle Cotton that had more contrast, the camera picks up on the pinks but in person the red squares are really red.  The pinks don't show as much in person.

 
Next project is another one of Kathy Rees' designs called Cobalt.  Tune in tomorrow for a look at the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment