Monday, April 25, 2016

The new project is...........................Mint with a Twist.  When I stitched Mint by Kathy Rees of Needle Delights I noticed that the design is really in four quadrants.  Kathy has a couple of other designs that are in four quadrants and she rotates them for a completely different design.  Why not try doing that with Mint since it has four quadrants.

I wanted to use red and since orange is my favorite color include that also.  I choose Watercolours 221 for the red overdyed thread, Perle Cotton 666 for the solid red and Caron Snow for the red sparkle element.  For the orange I choose Watercolours 208 for the overdyed thread, Perle Cotton 908 and Threadworx #8 Braid 710710.  I began with the opposite red quadrants and then began with one of the orange quadrants.  I have no idea what this will actually look like but I like the idea of rotating some of the design to see what happens.

 
I included the original Mint finished design to show that it is in four quadrants and so you can hopefully get an idea of what I am going for.

 
This is a close up of one of the red quadrants in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment